Welcome to the homepage of Shurdix!
Shurdix (formerly known as Route Hat) is a linux distribution for routers,
firewalls and embedded systems.
Some of the important features are:
- 100% open source (freely downloadable, complete source available, no hidden licenses/certificates/DRM)
- Commercial installation and support available on request (pricing)
- Fast installation
- Easy system updates
- Optimised for performance
- Low system requirements
- Hardware autodetection
- Fair bandwidth distribution among active clients
- Loadbalancing over more lines
- User management (restricting internet access by IP+MAC pairs, MAC authentication over RADIUS) screenshot
- Interface and IP Accounting screenshot
- Web interface for administration
- VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN)
- Secure encrypted backups (offsite) of configuration and logs
- Automatic Security Policy Enforcement helps to protect your network against virii and worms
Dormitories in particular find some of these features important. At the time
of writing, 15 dormitories totalling over 4500 students use Shurdix.
For small companies, a complete product (small box without moving parts with
Shurdix preinstalled, "Shurdix Router Lite") is available. At the time of
writing, 19 of these are in use.
Following organisations use Shurdix in their dormitories:
Wirtschaftshilfe der Arbeiterstudenten Österreichs
Evangelisches Studentenheim Wilhelm-Dantine-Haus
The latest releases can be downloaded here:
Shurdix 0.3 ISO (~22MB)
Devel package (build system + sources) (~5MB)
Presentation from OSCON 2006
README (obsolete, use wiki from the link below)
(c) 2002-2007 Peter Šurda <firstname.lastname@example.org>